Thursday 3 September 2015

Caring for your brushes

Make up brushes are vital to everyones make up routine. But after a while they get clogged up with excess makeup, which means its heaven for bacteria. Realistically we should be giving our brushes a clean every week. Now i'm the first to admit that i don't always remember to do it every week. It wasn't until about six months ago i even started to clean my make up brushes. I didn't even know I should be doing it let alone every week. But it is really easy to do and today i want to share with you how i do it in 3 easy steps.

Step One- The first thing i do is put a blob of Johnsons soft wash into a jug and i fill it up with hot water. (Note- you can use any type of shower gel, shampoo or conditioner you want. I like using Johnsons because of the strong smell.)

Step Two- I then swirl my brushes one by on around in the soapy hot water taking them out now and again to scrub with a flannel. I tend to leave my foundation brush until last as this takes the most work and makes the most mess.

Step Three- Finally i spray my brushes with make up brush disinfectant from primark and place them down on kitchen towel to soak up any excess water. (There are other brush sanitisers that are available. One sanitiser I would suggest using is the 'Make up Revolution Antibacterial Brush Cleaner' which is £5 from Superdrug)

And thats how i clean my make up brushes.

Until later 

Sian 
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment